Sunday, December 16, 2012

No more judgments... no more fear



For one reason or another - it hasn't felt like Christmas this year yet.  Hard to put my finger on why - warm weather, family not together (this college thing takes some getting used to first time through), travel, various tragic events...

Anyway - maybe everyone being home now, the weather being a touch on the cool side, and a little time to settle and process the tragic events challenging us in the deepest darkest recesses of our beings, I think I am getting there.  Good thing too as in a little over a week we are there.

A good friend Pat Green has taken a bit of a break from Facebook.  There are a lot of things I miss about that, but one is his regular publishing of an evening “hymn” before turning in.  OK – don’t worry – they aren’t your grandmothers hymns (not that there is anything wrong with that).  They would make an awesome playlist though.

So I thought I would put something out there myself – with a bit of a Christmas flavor as tis the season.  This of course is not your traditional hymn or Christmas song – but it feels right to me after the last weeks.  And the selection is Glorious by Melissa Etheridge.  Select phrase from my heart…

Friends

And family near

No more judgments

No more fear

For those who enjoy a music video there are two here – one that lacks quality of a professional recording and yet has a poignant raw edge to it.  If you want to hear the song more clearly – together with mushy video, then the second will do the trick.


 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment